Monday, March 10, 2014

Configuring an Azure shared site with domains4less

I've fumbled my way around configuring my domain (http://quiet.net.nz to host apps I create) and azure shared site with the domains4less control panel templates and the howto from http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/documentation/articles/web-sites-custom-domain-name/

On of my gotchas is the default template with its * and @, my confusion around the MX and TXT records I configured (prefixed with @) in my previous post about domains.live.com setup.

I added a CNAME for www to my azurewebsites.net address, awaited the replication and then added the awverify settings. But the wildcards of both @ and * and the restrictions on @ in CNAME led me to killing the A for * and setting the * in the CNAME.

If you get what I mean.
CNAMEs
* -> mysite.azurewebsites.net
awverify -> awverify.mysite.azurewebsites.net
www -> mysite.azurewebsites.net

A
Deleted the entry for * -> domains4less destination IP.
Changed the entry for @ -> azure IP from the Manage Domains configuration.

No comments:

Post a Comment